Note scrolling

iraway
Site Admin

Note scrolling

Post by iraway » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:14 pm

Haven't been posting a ton in the last couple weeks but I have been working hard on the program, so I've now got a bit of a backlog of things to post about, going to try to get through them.

First up is a change to allow notes to be scrolled and resized properly on the graph view. This is really handy for me for reference material that I copy into StoneNotes, but in general it's just a good thing to have.

One of the things I'm trying to balance is how much interaction actually happens in the graph view on the sidebar, vs what happens in the edit view on the right. At this point nothing can really be modified within the graph, with the exception of position and size, and sticker application, but I'm not sure if that's a rule that is set in stone. The sidebar's various list views (for Todo items, etc.) do allow editing directly, so I'm not really sure which way I want to go. Editing a note directly in the graph view seems like it would be a bit too challenging to get right so for now I'm not going that far.

Quick shot of a scrolling note:

scrolling a bit: