Daily agenda view

iraway
Site Admin

Daily agenda view

Post by iraway » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:16 pm

The daily agenda view is now very nearly complete. I do still want to make some improvements to make it more customizable, but I'm very pleased with the look and functionality as a good baseline. Basically the idea with the first release is to get all the critical pieces into place so that I can iterate on the details with user feedback and my own use of the system.

I've also been working on a new and improved alerts system. There are two types of alerts:
- Alarms
- Reminders

Alarms are alerts that you specify you want to receive a certain period of time (expressed in days, hours, or minutes) prior to the event. Each event and Todo can have two alarms set on it. Alarms do not recur unless you press a snooze button which appears only when alarms are present in the alerts dialog.

Reminders are automatically issued when an item is scheduled to start. In this screenshot, a Reminder is showing for the test event because the time it is scheduled for has passed. To suppress further reminders I just need to select the Start checkbox to indicate that I've started the meeting or other event.